WE ARE HIRING
THRIFTING – Cashier Needed – Part-time Job Posting – 3 Days a Week
Cashier- Part-time – 9-5 Tues., Thurs., and Saturday 9-3. The two days during the week are negotiable but not Saturday.
Ruth’s House is seeking a part-time Cashier to join our team in the Thrift Store.
The cashier will provide excellent customer service and accurate cash/credit sales at the cash register system. This position will be 75% front desk/cashier and 25% sorting clothes, displaying clothes, checking on all displays and equipment in Thrift Shop.
Being a cashier/store associate at Ruth’s House is more than just ringing up merchandise and taking donations. We look to the Cashier as an integral part of RH’s team. A passion for THRIFTING is a plus.
As a Cashier you will be expected to:
- Greet and assist customers in a friendly manner and provide exceptional customer service
- Accurately process cash and credit sales at point of sale (POS) system
- Help with cleaning tasks to maintain a neat, safe work environment
- Assist with stocking, merchandising and organization of the sales floor
- Be knowledgeable of current promotional events and sales
- Be familiar with and follow store policies
- Ability to work on a team and take direction fromOperations Manager
- Not required but a passion for THRiFT would be an asset
- Accurately close out the POS cash/credit system and make sure the cash drawer is balanced at the end of each day.
Ability to open and close store on Saturdays
- Previous experience on POS cash/credit card systems preferred
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and focus on customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate in English. Knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to work on a team and take direction from management
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality required
- Flexibility with work schedule is a plus
- Supervision experience a plus
- Ability to adapt to changes in the thrift store business and in Ruth’s House organizational growth
Education and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent; a combination of education and experience that yields the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- High level of diplomacy and interpersonal skills.
- Retail experience management and supervision of employees a plus.
- Ability to meet the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accomodations
- Ability to stand for an entire shift
- Ability to life up to 35 lbs.
Ruth’s House adheres to a nondiscrimination policy.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org